2019 Direct Mail Results from 4 Different Non-Profits
Acquisition Mailing - 14 years and still THE control - Catholic Relief Services
- 2005 test using shiny brass plated steel (BPS) at .984” diameter. 5,000,000 mailed
- Enlarged color picture of medallion on OSE. ‘ANGEL MEDALLION INSIDE. DO NOT SHRED’
- 10% increase in response against control
- 5% higher donations realized
Prospect mailing - National Museum of the American Sailor
- 2018 test using shiny brass plated steel (BPS) at .984” diameter . 40,000 mailed
- On the OSE: DO NOT SHRED OR DISCARD! Your Founding Sponsor Medallion Enclosed
- 31% increase in response rate against control
- With NO coin, only realized 1.49% response rate
- NET = 55% increase in response rate over the NO coin option
Direct Response Campaign (Acquisition and Back End Premium)
The Statue of Liberty Ellis Island Foundation
- 2017 & 2018 mailings using large golden brass coins at 1.50” diameter………7,500 mailed (3 executions)
- Offered at $35 each.
- 38% of donors gave exactly $35, 10% gave MORE than a single $35 gift, so they could receive more than one medallion. 69% of all donors gave within the ‘medallion range’ of $35 to $249.
- At the $250 level, a .999 Fine Silver, colorized medallion was offered.
- Net = Multiple mailings using a custom golden brass medallion achieved a positive net result
Direct Response Campaign (Commemorative Back End Premium)
- Out of 3 premiums offered at $12.00 threshold, (coin, socks & plush toy), 60% chose RAJU The Elephant medallion.
- 1-1/2” diameter in textured, high relief antique brass
- Monthly donor mailing was targeted at NEW clients – the medallion was a major contributor in realizing NEW donors.